Refugium question

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
I was planning to change my aquaclear filter into a fuge but the more I think about I would kind of like to use this empty 5g I have instead.

I dont want some weird contraption under my tank though, its a 27g cube and the cabinet is packed full already.

So where my mind gets boggled is how do I get the water from the main tank to fuge tank and then back again, can I use pond pumps or something??
I wanted to set it up right next to the DT because I have perfect desk space and I was kind of hoping to make a mini tank out of to look at as well.

I didn't want a bunch of ugly PVC pipes all over the place either because again this is on my desk in clear view. Is there an attractive way to do this?

I have search all over youtube and the internet and only see the under tank contraptions that are way complicated and ugly.

I would check out overflow boxes, but i dont know if that is a good solution for a small tank.

But i think you could create a really pretty fuge with macro growing it

The Hob filter idea is probably best in this situation...it'll look neat and won't have to do any major plumbing or changes.

Back