Return pumps.

tritan

Reefing newb
I need to upgrade my return pumps to create more water flow through my sump. I'm not sure what the current pumps GPH are rated at since I bought the tank used but they seem slightly weak. I have 2 separately plumbed return pipes in my 120g, so what would be the optimal GPH per pump be. Thanks guys.

Mag Drive!

Mine last forever and if it breaks they will replace it.

Getting a back up pump is a must in my opinion. I have 2 spares.

I run a Mag Drive 24 on my 220Gal with all the lights I have and my temp is always 81 at most and 78 at least. I do have 2 Wal-Mart fans mounted in the back blowing on the water but still.

I can't argue your point, just tell you my set-up.

I did however get a brand new Hy-Drive 2100 replaced from the same company that replaced my Mag Drive 9.5. I got them Hy-Drive with my whole set-up and it died.

That pump was the one I said I could not tell it was on ever. I plugged it in with my head right above it and not a sound. I know there are a more reliable and bigger named pumps but this was the quietest I heave ever not heard.

Rio pumps are definitely on the cheaper end of things (and they are less reliable than Eheims or MagDrives), but they are still not bad.

Back