Ricordea Tips?

Re: Ricordia Tips?

In your tank!!!!!!! If you dont, they will dry up:mrgreen:

I would think that they would be like any other mushroom in their care. Not sure since Ive never had one though

Brian

Ya, i figured near the bottom but wasn't sure.
Each polyp is on a small piece of rubble rock barely big enough for that one polyp.
Should i just put it on the sand bed or attach to one of the other rocks in my tank?

I put mine about half way up and it is doing fine. It's already split twice in the 3 weeks I've had it. Mine are under T5's and MH's. I'd put them where ever you want them. Just my :twocents:

so i'm prolly gonna be getting a superman and a green stripped pretty soon, anything i need to gather up before they arrive?

running 4x65W pc's for now.. hope thats enough light...

any special feeding processes or items?

Just drip acclimate em and place em on the sand bed for a day or 2.
You dont have to worry about feeding em.

Nope. The green stripe and the superman mushrooms don't eat. Well, they do, but there's nothing you need to feed them. They get all their nutrition out of the water and the lights.

Just acclimate them slow - at least 2 or 3 hrs. Place them low on the sand bed and give them a day to open up.

After they open up, give them a week or two on the sand bed. They grow UP, just like any other plant. So place them next to a big rock and they will grow up the side and spread out over the course of a year.

You'll do fine. :Cheers:

Last edited:
no offence RC, but the more times i hear something the more likely i am to remember it,

so while i was stopped at the lfs last night, i looked at, and asked about them, and the dude at the lfs told me basically the same thing,

i'm just nervous cause i'm inexperienced... but, i guess ya gotta learn some time...

edit:

ok, i made the comitment... sent the $$, now i just gotta wait for the wife to start yelling....

Last edited:
It's no big deal man. You'll do fine with mushrooms. They are a great beginner coral. You'd have to WORK to kill mushrooms.

We all started someplace. It's okay to be nervous. It shows you care about the life of the corals you have purchased. You'll be growing acans and acros before ya know it. :Cheers:

i dont know what thoes are yet, but time will solve that... i hope...

so saturday then, huh,

so i think i understand this drip thing, but can someone tell me the highlights.. i read about it once on some website... but its fuzzy memories now...

Put the corals into one of your aquarium colored buckets with the water that is in the bag.

Then take some airline tubing (1/4 inchO.D. or so) Tie a knot in one end. Put the other end into the tank.

Draw a syphon and place the knotted end into the bucket. Adjust the knot so that it gets about 1-2 drops per second. Let it drip for 3-4 hours or more.

It will bring the water in the bag up to match the water in your tank.

Then match the temps and place them where you want them.

Brian

simple enough, now, let me ask this, on mushrooms, your not supposed to ever let them touch air, right?

so how do you do that, and not put the shipping water into your tank?

i'm just trying to get a clear process in my head, so i'm not flailing about in a panic when they get here...

Ive never had any problems with the second or so from moving a mushroom from one container to another as to getting exposed to air.

I think that is more for porous creatures like sponges and sea stars

Brian

maybe thats what it was, sponges, ok, i've read sooooooo much, and have only seen very little, so my retention is not as good as it could be...

well then if thats the case then that answeres that question...

now what about the zoo's? i guess the same drip bucket and brief exposure to air should be ok for them?

Back