Ricordea Tips?

You can expose most corals to air. In fact sometimes you have to when mounting them to frag plugs. I try to to keep them out of the water less than 30 seconds though so you have to work fast.

Are your corals coming already mounted or are the just frags (without plugs) ?

yea and start out down low, let them get used to the light a couple days then move them up a couple inches, wait, and so on.. thats my plan...

cool, that makes me feel better, I think i'm ready, i've got my drip bucket all rinsed out and ready, and i have my long silicone airline rinsed out and ready...

I've got ricordea in 3 spots in 3 different tanks. One, Elphaba- she's green, is in the middle of my seahorse tank, low flow in the "shade" created by my floating mat (breeds pods for my ponies). That one is my least happy ricordea. The second one, Ricky, is near the very top of my 20 gallon, high flow, lots and LOTS of light, he's very happy. The third one, Jude, was near the top of my 10 gallon, but jumped off the rock pile to the bed and then crawled about half-way up to a spot where there is medium light and not a lot of flow. I think they all like different things. Mine are very hardy and LOVE Coral Vite!

Catherine

Back