RIP Manny the mandarian

:c awwwww im gonna miss that little ham. I dont think you did anything wrong either, the little guy must just have been 99 in mandarin years.

Try to walk away from this with a lesson --get something out of it by figuring out why he died.

I have seen MDs get sick when nitrates rise to about 10 to 20 ppm. At 20 ppm they start to get fin rot. I lowered nitrates in my tank and the fin rot went away. Usually nitrates are a problem for corals but some fish can be sensitive to nitrates also.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! :( Fish sometimes die, and we may never know the cause. Though, given you had the fish for 2 years, I feel as though he didn't pass away because of anything you did. I'll say though, the pictures you posted of him in this thread were stunning! :-)

I know exactly how you feel I cried like a baby when my seahorses died last month. I even buryed them in the yard rather than flushing them. I never thought I could get attached to a fish like that and its awful when you know that you are their god in a way because their life is in your hands.

RIP to Manny

Writing this is tearing me up. Its just a stupid fish right? Idk why but last night i was looking at him thinking he doesn't look to hot as he stayed in one place longer than 5 min. It was like i was watching him take his last breaths. Seriously having an issue handeling this right now and i dont know why.

Very sorry, I took it hard when I lost my first fish. Unbelievably beautiful mandarin though, I'm always captivated by their color.

Back