RO/DI Install Help

MVlk

ReefWolf
I have received my new RO/DI system (6st 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI 2 OUTPUT Water Filters#22-273) from PureWaterClub.com. I am having a slight problem with the hookup. I seem to have an extra connection point I do not know what to do with. Below are pictures. Anyone have any idea what is up?

From Instruction Manual:
WaterFilterInstructions.jpg

Actual Product. Note, most of the connections were already made. Only tubes not connected out of box were those I hooked to the pressure storage tank, Pure water out and the mystery connector:
WaterFilter.jpg

ok you have the duel stage one that extra line goes to your tank water and the other goes to the sink for the facuet

Just to be sure I understand... The line off the copper colored filter goes to an ATO tank or some other fish use. The Top filter line to sink faucet. Makes sense if I have it right.

I'm a little behind, but Daugherty helped me hookup mine. One thing I have discovered, it takes a while to get the TDS down to zero. I just tested mine from the second batch and it was still 025.

I tested mine last night after running water for an hour or so. The TDS measured 003 as opposed to 103 from the tap. So, good there.

My concern is the funky copper/yellow color the water appears as for the first 30 seconds or so I turn it on. Is that normal or do I just need to run it longer? I do not want to start using the water until I know it is safe.

After running it for a while and testing it at 003, I did give it a taste. Did not taste great, but I am alive this morning.

Can anyone let me know if the copper color is normal/OK for the first few seconds? I'd like to start producing some water soon. It is coming from the line labeled ???? in my picture below.

Can anyone let me know if the copper color is normal/OK for the first few seconds? I'd like to start producing some water soon. It is coming from the line labeled ???? in my picture below.

I didn't see a picture. I don't know if some people get it, but mine comes out clear on the clean water side right from the start. I could see how it could happen if it is from the waste water side.

do you have a bypass valve on your unit? if you do that could be why.

Not sure what that would be. My setup is as in the picture except for what is unseen:

There is a pressure tank coming off the top filter right. It has a valve on it that I keep off as I am not using the unit for drinking water currently.

Both water outputs on the left have a valve installed as well. The top for drinking water is always off and the bottom labled '????' is turned on for when I need water for tank use as you indicated.

Should I just use the drinking water source?

never mind about the bypass valve it forces the water over the filters to clean them than sends it to the drain if it is hooked up correctly here are some pice of mine that you may be able to compare them to.
sorry lots of pics just different angles i cant get just one good pic hope this helps.
002-8.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-11.jpg

008-9.jpg

010-9.jpg

005-10.jpg

this picture the top line goes to the pressure tank and the one coming out of the di goes to the tank and reservoir
006-9.jpg

daugherty/anyone have an idea what is the deal with the copper colored water for the first few seconds? I believe I have it hooked up right. As before, I tested it at 003 ppm. One embarrassing note, after I tested the water, I decided to take a taste. Did not taste great, tasted a little off. Well, since then, my mouth has been a little raw. I think I burnt most of my taste buds! This kind of tells me I am not ready to make water for my tank.

Please help :dunno:

I don't know about the color, but if it's been through the RODI unit, it should be safe. RODI water isn't usually good for drinking -- it has been known to be "too pure" and can burn. If you want to drink it, disconnect the DI filter and just drink the RO water.

Thanks for that info. Definitely seemed to burn. Just to be sure since I am paranoid about killing the fish... It should be OK for tank use? No way for me to really screw this up? I was half thinking about getting a small goldfish and bowl today to see how it did.

i bet that the copper color is comming from the di filter if it clears up that its fine. the drinking water part bypasses the di filter to the carbon filter on the top and the second output runs through the di filter.

Back