Ro/di

s.petrone

Reefing newb
I had a quick question that i was unsure about. I know you can purchase RO/DI water purifiers but i was wondering if a regular one that you buy for drinking purposes [the kind that go on the sink, like the Brita ones] would have the same effect as the RO/DI one. I wanted to know if they are the same thing and if that would work. thanks

The ones that attach to the sink are not RODI units. They are just plain charcoal filters. They really won't do much good if you want to use one for an aquarium. RODI units usually have 4, 5, or 6+ stages. The Brita filter is basically 1 stage.

You can get a good RODI unit for around $150 online. You can also buy RO water at any grocery store or Walmart.

Short answer... No. They are not near as effective and it really would suit you best to get a full RODI unit. Sorry.

Dammit ninja'd. :p

I dont have an RO unit, I buy my water from the LFS, but I believe that the Britta filters that attach to the faucet are just a charcoal filter. If this is what you are talking about, it would not be as good as an RO unit.

Brita Advanced Faucet Filtration: Water Purification straight from the tap with extra features | Brita

Also, I know that hardware stores sell RO units, but they are not as efficient as the ones designed for use in aquariums.

I know someone else on here will be able to help out more.

Damn double ninja'd

Back