Ro tds

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
Could anyone explain to me why a 6-stage RO/DI unit would be producing water with a 70 TDS reading after only 4 months of use??? :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

May as well be using stinking TAP water!! I am so frustrated right now. SInce I am still battling this raging algae and losing my corals.....grrrr!!!

I am kicking myself right now for not buying a TDS meter the same day I installed the RO unit. Goes to show you that assumptions are bad judgement calls.

In case you're wondering, I just now went out to check the installation to make sure that I wasn't actually collecting the waste water instead of the purified water. Nope. Its all connected properly.

take the lfs some distalled water and have them test it for you but dont tell them it is distalled until after the test if it is wrong

ok ok, I'm over it. :) was my fault. Took a scoop of water out of the salt reservoir, not the fresh. Tap reads 70ppm, waste water reading at 110ppm, and RO (fresh) reading at 5-10ppm. Will be getting some more tank things in about 2 weeks, depending on the IRS. My very own TDS meter will be one of them!

Yeah they don't have to cost that much I traded a zoo frag for mine $10 maybe? Take a look at your water container if it is not clean then you will contaminate you new water and the TDS will go back up.

I'm cashing in on a honey of a CL deal in 2 weeks...2 more K4s, a TDS meter, a refractometer, a large fish trap, a bunch of testing supplies and feeding supplies, for $100. Getting my GFO/carbon dual reactor and 3 new XM 10k halide bulbs the same weekend (thank you IRS).

Back