RO Water

twps

Reefing newb
I purchased what I thought was an RO unit on ebay. The item title and description both state this is a RO unit. when I contacted the seller to supply new filters, he stated he sold me a purifier, not an RO unit. And he sells everything as "RO" because that's what people are looking for, but in reality not what he sells. He also stated there's no difference in the water quality.

I really don't want to have to spend another $200 on another unit. Can I use the purifier? What kind of water quality can I expect? My tap water has over 500ppm and is chlorinated. I believe the purified water has the chlorine removed.

you got scammed, would not recommend using the unit, and would file a complaint with ebay or with your credit card company and try to get the money back. a water purifier costs like 10 bucks.

you got scammed, would not recommend using the unit, and would file a complaint with ebay or with your credit card company and try to get the money back. a water purifier costs like 10 bucks.

+1
File with ebay first. Chances are they will remidy the situation. Hopefully you have his comments in writing from him.

Should be case closed for eBay if he misrepresented the item. Provide them all of the evidence and they should be able to help.

It's past the 45 days that ebay/paypal back you. Sadly I'm stuck with a 3 stage water purifier, and no RO. :(

Can I use this water? It takes the chlorine out ad such, reduces the ppm slightly as well. I'd like to use it for a bit while I decide what I am going to do next. Thanks.

What is "slightly"? What is your TDS coming out of the machine? That is the most important aspect when determining if the water is good or not.

The water probably "tastes" really good, but without an RO membrane you're still going to have plenty of water issues. I wouldn't risk it and start off with bad water, I'd wait and save up for a real RO unit before doing anything else, you can often find them for around $100 direct from sites, not ebay.

I've been using this water for a year now, without any complications that I can see. Everything is healthy and growing quickly.

Sounds like you've been lucky and are all set then. At the very least I'd purchase a TDS meter just to confirm your water is good.

Sounds like you've been lucky and are all set then. At the very least I'd purchase a TDS meter just to confirm your water is good.

lol do i have to buy a TDS? becuase i just taste mines :) i taste my unRO water then i taste my Ro water .unRO Water taste nasty :death:.:death: but the Ro water taste better

Back