RODI unit

Hey glad to see someone else is a Ebayer. I just found the same ones yesterday while I was compiling my shopping list. I'm going with the 100g one. I only have a 55 gal tank so should be just fine to start out with. I figure I get extra filters and stuff later.

I have a 90gpd one and think it is just fine for my purposes. I have a 90g tank, change out about 10g per week (or 2 buckets worth) and usually top off with another bucket of plain RO/DI over the course of the week. It takes around an hour for my RO/DI to make a bucket's worth of water. I usually just hook it up to my kitchen sink one evening a week and make as many buckets as I can. I find that mine goes a little faster if I put the water on warm instead of cold. I think you will both be fine with one that is 100gpd. The only thing I'd recommend looking into before you buy from ebay is how much replacement cartridges will cost for those units and how hard they are to come by. No sense in getting a unit if you can't easily and cheaply get replacement cartridges for it!

I just bought the 100g per day unit after the first ten gallone it made perfect water. I did however have to go to home depot and buy a new garden hose adapter because the one that they sent me leaked. other than that it was a great buy at 100 dollars.

Thanks fishy. If you were to replace all your filter what would it run you. That'll give me an idea price. They do have there own website purewaterclub.com which has all the filter. I'll look into there reviews when I get off of work today. Thanks again every1

I got my RODI unit from Pure Water Club many years ago. My unit was great (it still is), and I had no problems with them. I used to recommend them to people. Not in the past couple years though. The more people that used them, the more unhappy customers posted here bashing them. Their customer service is basically zero. So if something arrives broken or doesn't work, you will never get an exchange and you will never get your money back. They don't respond to emails or calls, and any communications you do get are obviously from China and don't make sense. Buyer beware with Pure Water Club -- that's the downside of ordering from any Ebay seller, really. But Pure Water Club especially has a very bad reputation.

ok thanks for every1 opinion. some1 on a local forum has a air water ice typoon lll 5 stage 75gpd unit with dual inline tds meter and the faucet hook up for $125. avoid shipping cost and with all the shipping hassle every1 has had on the site think i will skip that as well. thanks again

Back