Round three

Slimkasey

Reefing newb
Well to all my American friends here we go again, round three, bigger tank less problems I hope.

Dropped another hundred bucks on stock and need your opinions on if I'm going the right way, of my LFS is laying all the way to the bank.

Presently running 30 gallon tank, Fluval C4 filter, have a powerhead, and the params are great.
Temp - 79
Salini-1.24
Ammo-.25 (what the hell is th ecolor supposed to be for API drops test for 0?)
Ni - 0
Na -0
Calcium is the only one a little high but that will be corrected soon.

C.U.C - 4 Blue legged, 2 Scarlett, 2 Orange spotted snails, 1 sand sifter star, 5 Noss snails, 1 emerald, and now 2 dwarf oscillaris clowns. 2 inch sand bed, 25 lbs live rock.

Water was established over 8 weeks.

Am I missing anything in the eyes of the best bloggers and best site. I as a Canadian with really high priced merchandise and low wallet can't afford another screwup.

Thanks to all for any and all input, and Happy Holidays.:helm2:

I had two API liquid test kits that would never read 0 for Ammonia, even though I didn't have any in my water. Its been forever since I've tested for ammonia in my tank, but if I recall correctly, the '0' reading is like lime green color

It's only a H.O.B. until I can line up a sump or better, I've read the thoughts to Can filters, so I will be upgrading sometime soon.
Thanks.

Yesterday, I introduced the clowns, (acclimated in ways everyone has taught here), is it true I should leave the lights off for the first 24? Any other tips?

I think they say to keep the lights off for a while if you had them shipped to you, but probably not necessary if you got it from the LFS (perhaps someone else will chime in, I'm curious too). That's because they would be in the dark while being shipped and it would be to shocking to get full lights right away.

I agree, the API ammonia test is confusing. I was always worried it didn't look like the lightest color on the chart but I read that others have the same problem with API. As long as it doesn't look like the other colors I think you're okay.

Turning off the lights is more to deal with the aggression that can pop up when you add a new fish, so if they are the first fish in the tank, its not that big of a deal

So as I've said, I'm running a Fluval C4 H.O.B. filter, this is a 30 gallon, the filter is qualified from 40-70 gpm, for salt should this be on the highest setting?

2 last questions that are on my mind.

1- I have a powerhead in there for the circulation, how do I aim this, up, down, straight or where?

2- if I only have the 2 Ocs Clowns, should they be fed everyday , every other and what is good, I presently have frozen Mysis, that I'm thawing and straining and feed just the shrimp not the juice?

2 last questions that are on my mind.

1- I have a powerhead in there for the circulation, how do I aim this, up, down, straight or where?

2- if I only have the 2 Ocs Clowns, should they be fed everyday , every other and what is good, I presently have frozen Mysis, that I'm thawing and straining and feed just the shrimp not the juice?

1. aim at a wall (back or front) thats up to you.

2. every day and mysis or cyclops any enriched foods. some flake is good also make sure it is vary vary low in ash.

Back