Rsm

Toolman

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
Ok here’s the deal I got a 130 RSM 34 gallon at the right price (free) it has a sterilizer (coralife turbo-twist 3X) with it including a new bulb. 1) Are they helpful? And why is it hooked up where the chiller would go? It is taking the water that has already been threw the filter and skimmer grabs it before the return pump and then back into the return pump. How efficient can it be? Would it be better to grab the water from the tank itself and return it to the return chamber? I searched the posts and could not find an answer opinions plenty but no answers Thanks, opinions help but would still like answers since I have not made up my mind about it yet. Or have I again become a victim of over thinking :frustrat:

Sterilizers are useful for killing free-floating parasites and algae. But they won't eliminate algae or disease, because they only zap what flows through them in the water. They will also kill beneficial bacteria and foods (plankton, pods) that flow through them, so that is a potential down side to using one. It doesn't matter where it grabs the water from -- it's not sterilizing 100% of the water anyways, only the water that flows through it. It kills things that the filter and skimmer do not remove.

Back