Rufio's 10g Downgrade

Rufio808

Reefing newb
So, I've gone ahead and downgraded from my 20L for a lot of reasons. One of them is space. I had the 20 on my desk and it really took up a lot of work space. Second is that apparently the tank caught a parasite (memo to keep a quarantine tank in the future). Any fish I'd try to add would die very quickly by the same symptoms. I grew frustrated, especially with all the school work I've been doing (Pre-pharmacy). I didn't want to leave the tank fallow for a long time sitting right on my desk, so I emptied the tank into a rubbermaid and will leave it to rest in a closet, with a powerhead of course.

Well the 10 gallon to my surprise fits nicely on my work desk. It's only stocked with stuff from my gf's 5.5g tank, including our first fish a blue damsel a.k.a. The Fish That Can't Die.

Right now I have no lights, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks forum!

I'm actually content with the tank and hope it turns out well.

:Cheers:

10g.jpg

Well I am running 24watt bulbs and they light my 12g nano up pretty well the only downfall is the amount of algae it produces. Just make sure to have a clean up crew. And I also noticed you had the very fine sand. I have really fine sand as well does it cloud up easily with you?

I think it looks great!

I think a MH pendant would be your best bet for that thingie, but im no light goddess so i would ask some else really.

But you could do a great little invert tank and reef tank, with its one little cranky guardian.

And im glad you didnt quit, completely, we would miss you!!

Yeah I wanted to quit many times. The damsel is super active so it's a great solo fish. I do have fine sand that I washed religiously. It doesn't cloud up the tank at all.

I was thinking of getting a par38 bulb or at least a 2 bulb t5. I have no idea though.

PhotoFeb1523657PM-1.jpg

Here it is with the old lights. Not too bad I must say, although the lights hang off the sides a bit.

Don't mind all my books and stuff. : ]

Back