Run Time for Fuge and DT Lights

Nanna

Reef Freak
Which is best, fuge light on 24/7; fuge light on the same as dt; or fuge light running opposite of the dt? I run the lights on my dt for 8 hours a day. If the fuge light isn't on 24/7 how many hours a day should it be on?

I have live rock, red mangos and chaeto in my fuge The light in the fuge is a 26w cf bulb in a reflector.

The lights on my display tank are: 4 - 65w cf bulbs (50/50), 2 - 250w metal halide lamps and 8 led moonlights. My light schedule is from 12 noon until 8 pm. From 12 pm - 8 pm the cf bulbs and the moonlights are on. The metal halide lamps are on from 2pm - 6pm. I was running my lights for 10 hrs a day but I shortened the time because I was beginning to see some algae developing. The light fixture is 6-8 inches above the tank.

Comments on the fuge light schedule and/or the dt light schedule would be greatly appreciated.

+1 Cathic. Running them 24/7 is unnecessary. Running them opposite your display tank lights helps stabilize the pH of your tank. Most people run their DT lights for 8 to 12 hours a day.

Thank you all for your comments. I knew I could count on the experts at Living Reefs to provide the information I needed. :bowdown:

Back