Ryans Reef

Also check your RO/Di unit with a TDS. Looks like something is getting in your water. Also how are your bulbs. I know you've probably check these but im trying to narrow it down for you. Have you tried keeping the lights out for a couple days?

Bulbs are new TDS is at 0, havent left the lights off. And I need to get some macro in the fuge, Ive trying to run it as a cryptic zone but its time to get a little more proactive to beat this crap!

Chaeto might work also try some mangroves. again ozone into the skimmer really works and makes water super clear. UV might work too.

Turn off the lights for a couple days? Turning off the lights will only serve to enrage the monstrosity that is Ryan's hair algae!

Imagine this true-to-life scenario: You get up in the morning, and as most guys do first thing in the morning, go to the bathroom. But you can't flush the toilet, because your toilet is clogged with hair algae! So you go to the kitchen to pour yourself a cup of coffee. But your coffee pot is filled with hair algae, growing out of control. You try to boil yourself an egg for breakfast. You turn away from the pot of boiling water for 10 seconds to crack the egg, and next thing you know, your pot of boiling water is filled with hair algae. Do you want to live that way?

No, no my friend. An unconventional amount of hair algae like yours requires unconventional warfare to combat it. If you you just turn off the lights for a few days, it'll only make that algae stronger. It'll only serve to motivate it to laugh in your face and start growing in more places that you don't want it.

If you turn off the lights on that sucker, it will laugh in your face. It will laugh in the face of your GFO, it will laugh in the face of your phosphate reactor, it will laugh in the face of your nitrate sponge. It will taunt you, yelling, "GO AHEAD, MOTHER EFFER. CHANGE THAT WATER. LET'S JUST SEE YOU TRY! HAHAHAHA!"

If you turn off the lights, your hair algae will laugh in the face of all the herbivores you've bought in vain to combat it. It will lash out and grab your tangs as they swim by, and it will devour them whole, their fins flapping frantically in a futile effort to escape the grip of the hair algae that you has taken over your tank. It will lash out and grab all your little crabs, their claws snapping as strongly as they can muster, just trying to break off a few tendrils of that hair. Just enough to release them, that's all they need, they try and they try, but...it doesn't happen. And your turbo snails! Your turbo snails are no contest! They can't even try to swim or run away from the death grip of the long, green locks that have become the terminator of your tank!

Oh yes, I've been there. And I was able to beat it. I've emerged from this battle victorious. It can be done. But you must learn to think like the enemy. Would turning off your lights or a couple of days make you want to roll over and die? No? Then you'd better come up with a better idea to rid your tank of this particular foe. He don't go easy.

Turn off the lights for a couple days? Turning off the lights will only serve to enrage the monstrosity that is Ryan's hair algae!

Imagine this true-to-life scenario: You get up in the morning, and as most guys do first thing in the morning, go to the bathroom. But you can't flush the toilet, because your toilet is clogged with hair algae! So you go to the kitchen to pour yourself a cup of coffee. But your coffee pot is filled with hair algae, growing out of control. You try to boil yourself an egg for breakfast. You turn away from the pot of boiling water for 10 seconds to crack the egg, and next thing you know, your pot of boiling water is filled with hair algae. Do you want to live that way?

No, no my friend. An unconventional amount of hair algae like yours requires unconventional warfare to combat it. If you you just turn off the lights for a few days, it'll only make that algae stronger. It'll only serve to motivate it to laugh in your face and start growing in more places that you don't want it.

If you turn off the lights on that sucker, it will laugh in your face. It will laugh in the face of your GFO, it will laugh in the face of your phosphate reactor, it will laugh in the face of your nitrate sponge. It will taunt you, yelling, "GO AHEAD, MOTHER EFFER. CHANGE THAT WATER. LET'S JUST SEE YOU TRY! HAHAHAHA!"

If you turn off the lights, your hair algae will laugh in the face of all the herbivores you've bought in vain to combat it. It will lash out and grab your tangs as they swim by, and it will devour them whole, their fins flapping frantically in a futile effort to escape the grip of the hair algae that you has taken over your tank. It will lash out and grab all your little crabs, their claws snapping as strongly as they can muster, just trying to break off a few tendrils of that hair. Just enough to release them, that's all they need, they try and they try, but...it doesn't happen. And your turbo snails! Your turbo snails are no contest! They can't even try to swim or run away from the death grip of the long, green locks that have become the terminator of your tank!

Oh yes, I've been there. And I was able to beat it. I've emerged from this battle victorious. It can be done. But you must learn to think like the enemy. Would turning off your lights or a couple of days make you want to roll over and die? No? Then you'd better come up with a better idea to rid your tank of this particular foe. He don't go easy.

Back