Salty's 10 gallon

Salty B

Reefing newb
Hi all. Just thought I'd share a little about my nano. I started it about 3 years ago. All I wanted was a couple fish and some rock but I got bit by the salty bug and here I am..lol. I went with the advise of the LFS and started all wrong. They had me cycle the tank with a blue devil and a yellowtail damsel(cruel and unnecessary). Then they sold me on all kinds of additives and useless stuff. Luckily I found a few forums with a bunch of good people to straighten me out. I've dealt with all the issues that make a person want to pull their hair out,cyano,hair algae,bubble algae,predatory crabs,zoa eating nudis,etc. Anyways,this is what I have for critters and equipment as of right now and I'll look for a FTS pic to throw in there as well.

10 gallon
HOB filter to run carbon only
skimmerless for the last year
2X24 T5 HO
Korallia 1 powerhead

Livestock...
several nepthea's (they drop frags all over the place)
2 palau green trees (nepthea)
xenia
pulsing xenia's
anchor coral
green and red shrooms
giant green duncan
acans
5 maxi mini anemones (my favorite)

Here is a pic from a few months back. I've moved some things around since then but you'll get the idea.

IMAG05202.jpg

The clown is the only one. There were a pair but found out the hard way just how lethal a maxi mini can be. Came home one day and saw a clown wrapped up in a nem. Shortly after the nem opened up like the fish was to big to swallow and it was covered in sting marks. I gave the other to a friend but he ended up moving so I got it back. So far he keeps his distance from the nems but fear the worst. I know someone else who might want him so we'll see what happens. I'll go look for a few pics of some of my critters.
PICT0520.jpg

PICT1111.jpg

PICT2053-Copy.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

#3 and #5 what are those I WANT them :D

#3 is my first maxi mini carpet. Its also the one that got my clown.
#5 is an acan.

Thanks all. It's a lot of work but well worth it. Every couple months I'm lucky enough to witness the nems or mini brittle stars spawning which is pretty cool. I've got pics and vids of those events too. Maybe tomorrow I can put some of those on here to see.

where do you get them from your LFS or online?

and also i mean #6 not 5 lol but im gessing thats also a maxi mini

thanks for giving me the idea of one of those i was looking for an anemone for my tank

and i think i may like these kinds instead

love the different color patterns

yep..thats a nem. I found all mine locally. Cant bring myself to pay shipping. That makes it not worth it to me.I never spent over $30 for one and they're worth it but to get one shipped to me would be $80 and up. Not so sure I like them that much..lol. I've seen them at places like petco but they rarely had ones that caught my eye.

I want my tank to have those colors. Pink, red...orange, they make the tank look very natural IMO. Job well done. :mrgreen:

:bowdown::sfish:

Thanks all. It's funny you put that link up there marcah...they are about 15 minutes from me. I first went there about a year ago and it turns out to be someone that was in my high school class 20 years ago. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go there. I feel like pulling out all my money,slapping it on the counter,and saying "How much can I get for this"...lol.

I am thinking of putting an order in there soon.. much better shipping rates then other places i go..
lol small world isnt it?

Back