Sand Tic Tacs in my Aquarium!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I got up this morning after I did a water change last night and noticed a little pile of sand made out of tic tac shaped things.

It is really something I have never seen ever in my tank or another tank.

I thought maybe it was from my sea cucumber but that has been in the tank for a year and I have never seen that before.

I investigated the pile and see that it almost is exclusively in a pile. Maybe 25 of them.

It really looks like a dog took a turd in a pile. It seems as if it may trail toward and under the rockwork.

Anyone have a clue.

I've seen hermits do that,except they tend to just leave one or 2 of the tic tacs.
Do you have any larger hermits?
If not,it could also be some kind of worm.

Ok here are the pix.

You can also see the discoloration of my sand in the background. Not the close up area but it may be the same stuff.

It is all throughout my sand and if I mix my sand to remove it, it comes back in under 1 hour.

Never have I ever seen this in my tank(s) in a year. I have one large Hermit but again I have never seen it before.

Attachments

• Tic-Tac-1.jpg
    Tic-Tac-1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 600
  • Tic-Tac-2.jpg
    Tic-Tac-2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 561
  • Tic-Tac-3.jpg
    Tic-Tac-3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 353
Interesting. My friend had the same problem a little while ago. He also had a couple hermit crabs. I'll ask him how he got rid of them and get back to you.

Holy crap I found 2 more large piles right up against the rocks in the front.

I need a video camera to spy on these fools.

I did not take a photo but I smashed them up.

I thought it may be my Sleeper Banded Goby taking large turds since all day he is dropping sand everywhere that some has to get turded out.

I have a large Sea Cucumber but he has been in there for a year and I have never seen this. It still could be though.

Back