Say Hello to my Little Friends

reeffreak

Reef pro
Anthias that is.....
I already post pics of some of my anthias but nobody ever visits my thread ''Reef's 210g. Journal'':sniffles:.I've become anthias happy lately and wanted to post some pics.They must be the prettiest little reef fishes in the whole wide world.I'm up to six different kinds now and I'm not quite finish just yet.I pray my system can handle it.For now,I will be taking a break from buying anymore unless Biff tries to out do me,then its on.So without further ado...here are my babies.......

Dispars
2108274.jpg

Bartletts
2108282.jpg

Male Lyretail
2108281.jpg

Female Lyretails-smaller female behind it
2108266.jpg

Carberryi or Threadfin-which ever you like to call it.
2108265.jpg

Evansi
2108255.jpg

Respendent(I think this was my best macro shot)
2108251.jpg

I spent some cheese but not that much.Saltwaterfish.com had 1/2 off on the dispars and lyretails.I have 14 total,6 different species.I dunno why but bartletts are high,I think.

Rc,they do look similar,only 12 tentacles per polyp instead of 24 for a goni.I like to say they are so much easier to care for,I've never fed it and its nearly a year old.

Maybe Doc knows why barletts cost more Mik,could it be they are not a wide spread but I think its because of their popularity and it being one of easiest anthias to keep.When you getting some Mik?

I feed 3-4 times a day with two of the circulation pumps on/two off and the return pump off.Most anthias are near starvation once it gets to us.I will cut back to twice a day after I fatten them up some more.Maybe within a month I'll cut back to twice a day,ocassionally 3 times a day.

WOW freak those are some very nice looking fish. The on anthias I have seen around hear are orange ones, but there still beuatiful fish. Good luck with them.

Actually many of them are orange(dispars,carberryi female lyretails).My lights plays tricks to our eyes.The fish are really irredescent.(did I use the right word).

I like to thank the hundreds of stomatellas that keep the rocks clean.Those are one snail I know will reproduce in a home aquaria.

you truly have a beautiful tank. I am so impressed. You will be tough to beat in POTM for a long time to come. The threadfin are SO pretty. Great combo of fish.

As for the Bartlett's, they are so costly because of the shipping. They come from the Christmas Islands, near Australia. They are often referred to as Christmas Anthias for that reason. Anything out of Australia tends to be expensive.

-Doc

Thanks doc,that would explain it.Everything coming out of Australia has a premium.The price of one bartlett doesn't seem so bad,but when you want a harem of them,thats another story.

Bump!

Lion,I couldn't find your thread where you edit pics for us.Could you put a border on this pic of the lyretail and put my name ''Reeffreak'' in the corner.I like to save it as my avatar,thanks man.

2108281.jpg

Back