sea hair question ??

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Well my local fish store has a pretty big one for a good price. Jist wondering if this guys will clean the light brown algea off my sand bed?? I read the eat hair algea but did not read about it eating green amd brown algea.

We have a sea cucumber that was given to us and he does a great job on the sand. We thought of a sea hare too, but I read that most of them only live a year. Another place we saw they live 2-4 years, but the one thing I didn't like was that they can ink your tank if they get stressed.

Best thing to do if you have an algae problem is figure out why.

For my clean up crew, I have a variety of snails, a short spine urchin, a serpent sea star, and a porcelain crab.

Ok so decided not to go with the hare. For the same reason that it can inc in my tank and ruin things. So i might go with a cucumber. Not sure going to do some reaserch on them also.

Tiger tails cucumbers do a good job cleaning and shifting your sand bed. And they're one of the few cucumbers that are non-toxic and won't nuke your tank.

Diatoms are about the only thing I've NOT seen a Sea Hare eat. I've watched them at the LFS eating everything from hair algae to cyano.

Back