Sea Hare Ink

Becki67

Reefing newb
Hi,

Well, we have another emergency......our sea hare was cleaning the heater and it turned on....he fell off and inked a bit...we immediately took him out, put him in another container and did a quick water change. Everyone looks fine and is swimming around...we caught him pretty quick.

My question is this....can we put him back in? He is still moving around and stuff, but how long should we wait until we put him back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, it's funny now...I told the BF that he/she was on her period...guess who had to clean him off after that???

He's doing fine now, by the way...he's back in the tank and eating everything in sight. The fish are doing great, too.

There should be no problems now since you did a water change. Running carbon for a day or two will get rid of anything that might be left in the water, but I doubt there's anything wrong if everyone is acting okay. I'm glad you caught it in time!

Well, we lost the sea hare. Bummer! This is number 5. We're cursed when it comes to them.

Two of them stuck their heads in the outflow tube and killed themselves, one was shipped to us and died within an hour, one we got from a FS that assured us he was fine, even though he looked weird and didn't move in their tank, and then this guy burnt himself on the heater.

They're one of my favorite creatures and this last one did a great job on the hair algae, but I can't take them dying on me anymore.

ohhh im sorry to hear that

my first sea has a was a beautyful one with nice blue dots all over himself he died that same week i bought em

this one ibve had for a good 4-5 months now and is doing great ugly thiong too but he gets the job done and is cool when he broows under the sand

I know...I love 'em. He was like the sloppy fat kid of the tank. He always had dingleberries on him and sand where the Goby tried to bury him. He was all the kids' favorite and they named them all Shrek.

We did get a couple of new fish I didn't tell you all about. We bought a sweetlips and a Yellow Eye Tang. We're taking the two damsels and the tomato clown back.

From what I read, we'll either have to get a bigger tank (which we're already talking about) or sell him back. He's supposed to get 3 feet long. But, he's awesome right now.

Back