September Meeting

I talked to Michael today and he would prefer we go to his joint after the meeting. I think he is wanting to come and then leave to go open. You might want to check with him if you haven't done so. Just an FYI.

Your learning the ways of marriage already.

Lesson# 12 It is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. FLowers help with this!!!

Im coming, unless I decide not to! Ill get in on the food thing.
I have a recipe from a coral book that I printed off along time ago.
the raw stuff listed was: 6 whole fresh shrimp, 12 fresh mussels, 12 clams, 12 oysters, 1 package of sea urchin, 1 packet of fish roe, 8oz of artemia nauplii, 1/2 cup of green, brown, red seaweeds. 2 tbsp of selco, superselco, or other marine vitamen/amino acid supplement. I also added garlic extreme, phytoplex, reefchile. I made it along time ago and it was good stuff. some people make it with squid and other seafoods to. Sign me up for whatever sides you need pat. (cole slaw, or whatever)

sailfin said:
I talked to Michael today and he would prefer we go to his joint after the meeting. I think he is wanting to come and then leave to go open. You might want to check with him if you haven't done so. Just an FYI.

I was thinking that was you & your family @ Michael's tonight..:)....

Yepper that was me. I thought I heard you and Michael talk about the meeting. With all of the comotion between my wife and kids I forgot to ask. Looking forward to getting to know you guys better at the swap. I really like BBQ a lot.:^: :^: :^:

CHARLIEANDJAMI said:
I was thinking that was you & your family @ Michael's tonight..:)....

Same here!! U can never go wrong w/BBQ!!! haha.....

I thought of saying something, but I chickened out..haha...Cant wait to get to know you & everyone better...Then I wont be sooo chicken..hehehe....

i know there are a few members that do not have refractometers and rely solely on their hydrometer. so what i would like to do for those members is to calibrate their hydro.. i will bring my refractometer to the meeting and some pre mixed water @ 1.025 so we dont have to go plunging into anyones tank. let me know what you think

James thank you for allowing me to borrow the refractometer at a last minutes notice. I dropped the salinity from .28-.29 to around .26 last night.. I plan on doing another water change tomorrow morning to get it to .24.

Thanks again.
Brandon

I think that is a great idea James - I tested my hydro to a refractometer but it has been several months, so I would like to make sure it is still calibrated.
I'm glad you will be able to make the meeting.

Everyone should bring their hydrometer and or refractometer and we can also see how far everyones are off etc... I will hopefully have my refractometer by then also.

Brandon

I really appreciate it james..

I think the one I have coming is the exact same as yours and would just be interested to see if the two refractometers measured exactly the same.

I'll stop by fresh market and get some.

1) White fish
2) Shrimp
3) Squid

Things still needed.
1) DT's
2) Cyclopteeze
3) Algea Sheets(Red/Green/Brown) Algeas for a good mixture or (Mixed Julian Algea Flakes)
4) Anything else that is a high quality food that doesn't contain Ash etc (no flake food)
5) maybe some rotis
6) etc

I've got the algae sheets and the phyto-feast ( DT's only better!! ) Michael is supposed to get cyclopeeze in this week, so if he does I'll get that as well.

ill bring the ETC. brandon listed.
ill go by the fresh market and get some octo puss!:mrgreen:
it looks like yall got it covered. ill go by some places and find some good stuff.

I just wanted to get a semi accurate count of who's coming so I'll have enough BBQ. here's who I have and what they said they would bring;
Me - bbq, buns and beans - fish food: nori, freeze dried cyclopeeze, vita-chem, phyto-feast and the most important...blender!
Bryan - 1 - stuff for fish food
charlie&jami - 2
silvers - 1
carpediem - 1
reinfinity - 1 (or 3 if the family come)
brandon - 1 - fish food stuff ( raw fish diff variety )
anthony - 1 cookies and 2 liter
david - potatoe salad drinks
sabotage - 1 (or 2 if the wife comes ) refractometer

If this looks right great, if not let me know where I'm off. I just want to make sure I cook enough bbq and beans!
Be sure to bring your hydrometers so we can calibrate them with the refractometer james is bringing ( thanks James, great idea ).

Also if anyone would like to get in on the fish food we are going to make let us know, there are still some things we could use. Or you could split the cost of some of the raw food brandon/bryan are buying. The more the merrier!

You forgot Michael Dunn he is also bringing a friend.

I'll help chip in on the BBQ cost with you patrick. Angela can make some beans if you want also.

One other thing... Ideas for spending the club money to make it better.

Back