Setting up a 10g. Need light help!

hieuboy

Reefing newb
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum as well as hobby. I've been doing a lot of research and decided to start a tank of my own. I have: a 10g tank, koralia 240 powerhead, 50w heater. I also have testing equipment. Right now I'm am cycling my tank with everything installed and powered up. I purchased 3 lbs of live rock and 20 lbs of live sand with premade saltwater from a good LFS. The only thing I need at the moment is lighting! Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could use? Right now I'm doing FOWLR and once I get experienced maybe some small corals. Here are 2 lights I've been looking at...

Odyssea T5 High Output Lighting

Aquarium T-5 Fluorescent Light Fixtures: Coralife Mini Aqualight T-5 Dual Lamp Fixture

Thanks! :D

I have a 10 that's been going for 2 months now. Nanos are a little more difficult than a bigger tank to maintain. Water quality fluctuations can occur in a flash!!! Monitor your parameters closely. I test 2x a day ( once i feel safe I'll back that down) and when I detect the slightest rise in anything I will do a water change. I only use water for changing from my LFS and distilled for top offs. I have zoas palys rics 2 clowns 1 lawnmower blenny a serpent star 3 peppermints and countless frigging snails lol

Back