Shed some light...

Paligues

Reefing newb
Alright guys. I have a 40 gallon tank that is 30" long. So that pretty much limits what I can do when it comes to lighting. I want to get some advice from you guys on which path to take. I want to set up a reef tank with multiple corals and possibly anenome (far down the road) so I need to know lighting recommendations. Is it possible to have too much light and burn corals?

I am looking at two systems right now. I perfer the t5 system mainly because of the price tag, but I know you can't skimp on lighting if you want a nice tank! Can you guys tell me which I should be getting and why?

30" Metal Halide T5 Lighting Aquarium Marine Reef 346W on eBay.ca (item 110595120078 end time 04-Nov-10 21:13:25 EDT)

30" T5 Lighting HO Aquarium Marine Reef Cichlid 96W LED on eBay.ca (item 300477242976 end time 04-Nov-10 20:53:49 EDT)

Well, if it's a unanimous vote than I'm in. I also found the same system with PC lights instead of t5s. Would it make a difference on which ones I got?

+1 on the above advise.. the minimum for LPS'S is 3 to 3.5 WPG so that put's you at like 120 watts min.. as for SPS'S it's a minimum of 4.5 watt's (for SOME lps's) to what ever..so with option (A) yer like @ 8.5 WPG..

Back