Shipping aquarium stuff?

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
I've been trying to sell a set of t5s and an octopus skimmer locally on craigslist. I've gotten several people interested, but it's,"hey, if you'll take 1/4 what you're asking I'll be right over." Or they tell me they'll be here at 5 and I never hear from them again.

Overall it's very frustrating.

I have a set of Current Nova Extreme Pro 48" 324w lights, and a Octopus BH 800S skimmer that I'd like to list on ebay or for sale on this site.

I'm just nervous about shipping them. How do you guys do it?

While we're at it what's a fair price to ask? The lights were used about 6 months, the plastic light shield is cracked. I repaired it with CA and it doesn't affect the lights at all. Skimmer I used a year, it's just a little dirty in those hard to clean areas.

Just thinking maybe I'm asking too much locally and that's why I'm not getting much interest.

Ug, I totally agree, Craigslist can be frustrating. People want a mega deal. I had something listed for what I felt like was a fair price, 400, and the amount of people I got emailing me that they'd give me 50 bucks or trade me something was annoying...
On the flip side, I am always looking for equipment on there and I feel like people want way too much money for used stuff. You just have no way of knowing how old the stuff really is. Everyone always says that it was just used a short time. I know I finally just gave up and bought a new small tank. I spent a lot of time researching though; How much are you asking? I'd think 175 for the lights and maybe the same for the skimmer? JMO.

He says the lights were used about 6 months. I'd sell just the fixture if you are going to ship, let the buyer obtain new bulbs from somewhere like Reefgeek in a color pattern they want.

Back