Sick Bangaii? I don't know what to do!

SwimsWithFishes

Reefing newb
Hey there,

So i have two Bangaii's, once is very healthy and doing great. The other one however, is not looking so good today. He just stays up in the corner of my tank and is kind of listing to the right. Since I got him he really hasn't been a good eater and this morning he ate a little. He seems on the skinny side though. Any thoughts on this or am I gonna lose him? I feel sorry for the little fellow.

More details please....you just got him? Did he eat at the LFS at all? Chances are you got a sick fish. Nothing much you can do if he is not eating.

But try keeping the lights off for a while during feeding time. Maybe the other one is picking on him?

+1 Wonton

These guys can be a little difficult to get eating. I know of a few that just starved themselves to death, and I used to have to hide the turkey baster behind a rock while gently squirting food at him because he was afraid of the baster.

More details please....you just got him? Did he eat at the LFS at all? Chances are you got a sick fish. Nothing much you can do if he is not eating.

But try keeping the lights off for a while during feeding time. Maybe the other one is picking on him?

I got 3 a little over a week ago. Lost the smallest one within a week. Im thinking he got picked on. This one now has just been very inactive and not eating well. This morning I did notice his bottom fins are a big torn. I guess the big guy is picking on him too. So I separated them for now. Still by sure what to do from here. I'm just hoping he gets stronger

+1 Wonton

These guys can be a little difficult to get eating. I know of a few that just starved themselves to death, and I used to have to hide the turkey baster behind a rock while gently squirting food at him because he was afraid of the baster.

Thanks! Yea I made sure to feed with the light off this morning. I almost have a feeling this guy will starve himself to death too. Sad.

Back