Sick Clown

AundriaM

Reefing newb
I am having no luck with clowns! My surviving one had a dark speck on its lip a week ago. It grew into a greenish lump, and as of this morning is now surrounded by white "stuff" and is so large he can't close his mouth. He is still eating & acting normally. I went by my lfs, and was told that since it was green, it wasn't a disease - more likely a tumor or something wrong with the fish, and that I couldn't treat it. They said to euthanize him when he could no longer eat. They didn't think it was fungus since it wasn't white (when I went it was just the green lump). Does anyone have experience with this? I would love to save the clown, and I'm worried that if they're wrong the problem will spread to my other fish. :frustrat:

It would probably be a good idea to move your clown into a QT if at all possible.
Sorry I dont what to tell you about him.
Maybe some body with more experince will jump in.

Thanks Yote, I am working on a QT tank right now - should've already had one set up - hindsight is always 20/20, huh? The thing on his lip has now peeled almost all of the way off and looks like a fuzzy scab - yuck! There is still a green spot under it. I bought some furazone green to treat lip fungus and will dose the QT tank with it and pray.

When you are done also treat the clown with a gram- and gram+ bacteria medicine, that is once you have cleared out the fungus medicine. are you sure it is not a fish louse/lice.

Back