Six Line Wrasses Eat Inverts?

Re: Six Line Wrasse Eat Invert?

my sixline has investigated the urchin a few times but never more then that.. They have been together about 6 mos.. no issues...:sfish:

Well, it sounds fairly safe. Maybe this is a good excuse to find a fish that I prefer. Maybe a dwarf angel? I don't want a coral eater either... What about a chromis? Ugh, never mind, I like the the wrasse.

Last edited:
My sixline hasn't bothered either of my urchins but, he did eat a pair of my cleaner shrimp.

i have had a sixline for 4 years. have 2 different urchins tux and longspine, turbo snails, cerith snails ect..... had a ^^^^^ cleaner shrimp for 3 years, at worst you will get an aggressive one that will bully other fish. only fish my sixline ever bothered was my mandarin right after introduction because of similar color and size im assuming. But i have heard of some nasty wrasses. worst case senerio with mine is that he will eat live pods and bristleworms, because thats the majority of their diet. so nothing bad

I think I'll try a flame angel. The wrasse just sounds to risky. I want to make this tank as peaceful and reef safe as possible.

My reef is a docile tank. Anyone of my fish would be good.

Watchman goby
Tail spot blenny
Mandarin
Yellow assessor

Other suggestions jus off the top of my head

Firefish
Jawfish r cool to watch dig
Leopard wrasse

Idk how big your tank is..

I would gladly buy snails for my six line to eat. If that was the case. Mine doesn't seem to bother anything. He is the coolest fish we have. Just my opinion.

yeah they are difficult.. mainly eat copepods.. hard to keep....but when you can keep it going they are a nice fish..

These is my list of fish so far:

Yellow Prawn Goby

Tail Spot Blenny

Foxface Lo

Six Line Wrasse

Kole Tang

Tank-Bred Occelaris Clownfish Pair

Back