Skimmer Recommendations?

jhenby

Reefing newb
Thought I would upgrade my skimmer but don't want to spend mega buks. I have been impressed with the Coralife products in the past and was looking at their super skimmer. Also was looking at the Eshops brand too. Any input would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks.....J

I've ran Corallife super skimmers for a while.They're not the best skimmer on the market,but they're not the bottom of the pile trash either.
Although I would suggest to use the CSS 125 if you chose the Corallife.

I have a Coralife Super 65 Skimmer on my 46 gal and it works great for the size tank. However, I will be looking at the Octopus when I upgrade (Hoping for a 120 - 190 in the next 12 - 18 months). The Coralife is very affordable, but definitely not the best. It sure beats Seaclone though.

[FONT=&quot]I got the Coralife Super 125 working within 15 minutes out the box (after assembling all the parts, another 15 minutes).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The foam adjustment knob is easy to adjust. I have a new 72 gal bow front. The Coralife Super 125 has the same pump as the Super 220 so it’s got lots of power. I have setup as HOB and is $100 less than the ASM G2 and seems very well built...certainly much better than the SeaClone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also I am using a Rena xP4 to "polish" the water. It also circulates the water and it’s a real (quiet) work horse. And it also setup easy as advertised, seems to be a really great device.:bowdown:[/FONT]

Back