Skimmer vs. Skimmer

Design/technology wise, they both look about the same. I would just choose the cheaper one.

BTW, don't know if you are aware, there are clones on these skimmers that you can get from ebay. Cost a LOT less. I just don't see myself paying $1000 for a few tubes put together.

I'm all for saving money when it comes to hobbies, but IMO the two things you shouldn't cut corners on in this hobby is lighting and a good skimmer. There might be knock offs on ebay that are cheaper, but what happens when you need parts or have a problem?

to the OP, you could also look at LifeReef skimmers, I've been very happy with mine

When I have problem, I'll buy a new one. With the knock off, I can buy 5 of them before I break even. :D Not to mention the spare parts that I'll be collecting in case another piece break.

Besides, the knock off's dimensions are identical to the "real" thing. They are interchangeable. No need to worry about needing parts.

Another besides, you can buy the 3rd party parts for the real thing as well. Or just buy the 3rd party parts for your knock off.

I just bought a Bubble Magus. Basically it's the same as the other two, but cost much less.

I got the 220A and it create so much tightly packed bubbles, the tube is almost solid white. It's amazing what these new skimmers do compare to the old design.

Back