skimmer

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
To start with I have a weipro 2012 skimmer, and its only running off an 1100 gph pump. It doesnt pull much out of the water (it pulls some) but hasnt even filled up in the last 2 weeks! its not even half way...

So I wanted to know about a few skimmers that are quite good but not toooo expensive.

I havent got the largest space for the skimmers, but might be able to make more by removing one of my baffles that isnt really needed.

so im just looking for something that would easily service my 60g tank that isnt too large. would prefer it sitting in the fuge, but could most likely run it outside the tank if its an external skimmer.

Thanks

thanks im having a good look and going to work out size, they look like some good skimmers :P definitely going to kill what I have.

Would you say that would be a good skimmer for my 60g tank? or should I look at something a bit higher quality?

Sadly, I ended up going to the LFS and roped myself into a prizm pro skimmer. fits perfectly and wasnt too hard to get running but cost about 200 AUSD more than the other skimmers hahaha but I got 200 bucks off on it :)

I hate to be the pne to say it.But I think you'll end up buying another skimmer before long.
From some of the stuff I've read.Those Prizm slimmers dont really do much.

This is something that the guy said, people on the forums have seemed to have a negative view on them, but the guy there, has it running on his tank at home and on all the LFS tanks. So we shall see how this goes.

Maybe your luck with it will be different, Josh. Some people have loved theirs, of course we don't know any of these people, but heck every case is different right?
Hey seriously, good luck with it.

hahaha shattered as, ill work on fine tuning it, if not, i should have stuck with my plan and ignored my LFS :P

I had one of those for about 3 months before selling it. I tried fine tuning it but I was not getting the response I was looking for. I was actually afraid the guy I sold it too was going to email me complaining since I sold it off craigslist as is. I never heard back from the guy but that doesn't mean he didn't throw it in a dumpster. Good luck!

Back