slightly disturbing

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
ok so I have had these tentacles stretching out of the sand/crushed coral on the floor of the tank. Since I am currently in the process of slowly modifying the floor of the tank I have been moving a little at a time and finding small things here and there. Well tonight I started shifting the coral and saw the shell of one of my sand sifting snails....or what turned out to be its shell with dead body inhabited by this strange creature. Description is a small worm like creature that has many tentacles at one end. This creature only presents its tentacles above ground. I found this one in the shell and one just in the sand which I sadly mangled trying to get it out of the tank. Any help with this one would be appreciated

2875eae4.jpg

c85ba2a3.jpg

so.... do you think that my snail was either killed or died and it is just cleaning up its dead body or do you think that it killed it and ate it?

so.... do you think that my snail was either killed or died and it is just cleaning up its dead body or do you think that it killed it and ate it?

Yeah, just living in the shell... Spaghetti worms usually don't move. They just stick their arms out in the water and catch anything that floats by.

YOU WIN!! That is the most interesting ID. to date. Nice ID Biff.This hobby is the most frustrating and the most interesting one i have ever been involved with.

It's really rare to see their bodies. They are really good at staying in the rockwork or buried in the sand. Although a few months ago, someone here needed an ID on one that was crawling across the glass.

Maybe bwaller should sell it on ebay as a rare and unusual type of Hermit. :lol:

It's the infamous Medusa Hermit Crab. Very rare, native only to a small 1/2 mile stretch of ocean off the cost of Honduras. Could easily go for $500-$1000. :D

I'm down, I'd try to sell it on ebay and see what happens! That thing is frickin ugly! I usually like the ugly things as I think they are neat.. but that thing kinda creeps me out. Still...I think I'd like to have one just for the heck of it. I'll be your first bid on ebay!

Once my tank is ready I will for sure! My sister just moved up to Idaho, she's going to BYU-Idaho. I think its a good excuse to come up there and catch a Boise State game!

gonna be an interesting season for sure... I don't think we will be going undefeated though... too much hype for this crew to live up to. she's only five hours away.

It's really rare to see their bodies. They are really good at staying in the rockwork or buried in the sand. Although a few months ago, someone here needed an ID on one that was crawling across the glass.
I had one too! Check it out!
100_1325.jpg

His doesn't really look like it tho...

Back