small vent and advice needed

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
I received my BRS order today and am disappointed. I ordered 50# of reef saver rock and its far less rock than what I anticipated. I wish I'd gone with the pukani rock instead. Last year I got 25# of pukani and it came as 6 large pieces of rock - the 50# of reef saver rock looks like less than the pukani because it is so much denser. I really didn't expect it to be so dense. Looks like I'll be placing another rock order in the near future :/

I also ordered the easy blade attachment for the mag-float - somehow missed the fact that I have to permanently superglue it to the mag-float. I thought it would attach magnetically so that I could put it on and remove it when needed.

And I got a lb of GFO, which my lovely cat promptly knocked off the table. The lid immediately came off of it and dumped about 1/4 of the container on my carpet. I scooped up what I could and put it back in the container, but now have cat hair and carpet fibers in the GFO. Vacuumed up the rest of it, which has left a nice big yellow/orange stain on my carpet. Anyone know what I could use to get the stain out?

:grumble::grumble::grumble::frustrat::frustrat: :frustrat:

That's very unfortunate. I'm sorry that you're having such troubles :( the pukani deffinalty is the way to go in my opinion just bc you get way more for your money. I have no idea what would take the stain out Unfortunatly, wish I could help.

I am not that happy with bulk reef at the moment...anyway....I wish there was a way that they could maybe say "hey this is dense rock" or show a picture of how much 50 pounds of each rock actually looks like...Like I said kinda pissed at them right now.

About the stain...try oxy10. I have gotten red cool aid out of my carpet with it. There are directions on the bucket for use on carpet.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I totally did not expect the rock to be so dense - its crazy heavy. I wish their product description was more accurate - I thought it would be closer to something between dry figi and pukani. I guess this is one of those lessons where if you spend more up front you actually save money in the long run. Why are you unhappy with them, Ted?

I just got the easy blade recently too. It says to remove the blade and rinse with fresh water and dry after each use. With the blade removed you can still use the mag float normally as the plastic part of the easy blade doesntreach the glass.

I just got the easy blade recently too. It says to remove the blade and rinse with fresh water and dry after each use. With the blade removed you can still use the mag float normally as the plastic part of the easy blade doesntreach the glass.

How are you attaching the easy blade to the mag-float? My instructions said to superglue it to the top. I was taking that to mean I should remove the entire mag-float each time and rinse with fresh water and dry it. I'm thinking maybe I'll get a thin strip of magnetic backing and put some on the top of the mag-float and some on the easy blade and then I can easily remove the blade between uses. Just hope its thin enough that the blade still reaches the glass. Curious to hear your experiences Recliner!

I superglued the easy blade base to me mag float just like the instructions. There is the dial that you can undo/remove that holds the blade in place. I remove the dial, blade and top plate when I don't need the razor blade. The base is still super glued to my mag float but with no blade to rust it can stay in my tank and I use it like a normal mag float.

bulk reef needs to answer their emails.
I missed the group buy by a day (my fault) and replied to the gb email we all got to see if they could do anything for me (i've spent gobs of money with them) and I haven't heard back yet.

Well I ordered a reefkeeper lite basic, float switch, aqualifter pump, and some netting from them Sunday morning. My thinking was ok now I can control the heater, have the ato setup and make a screen top for my tank. I looked over there site over and over so I wouldnt screw up and order something wrong. Well being all excited I was looking on you tube for direction on how to set the ato up and found out you must have the SL1 unit. The basic doesnt come with a SL1. So now I am thinking great call monday and change to the plus controller. Shouldn't be a issue, wrong...I call and am told that I have to cancel the entire order and wait 3 to 10 days for a refund and re order the other unit. While talking to the guy there I bring up that marine depot has the basic unit with the SL1 and a free ph probe for 189. I ask the guy can I just add the SL1 to my order with the free ph robe. He says no. The ph probe costs another $30 bucks. So for what marine depot sells for $189 would cost me like $220 and he suggests that I should just get the plus which is $270...Ya right and if I had wings I could fly. I dont need the 4 extra plug ins which would be the difference between the plus and the unit from marine depot. So I call the customer service manager and leave a message...no return call. I call again this morning and get routed all over the place three times and get disconnected all three times. So now I will be waiting for my refund and going to marine depot....

How are you attaching the easy blade to the mag-float? My instructions said to superglue it to the top. I was taking that to mean I should remove the entire mag-float each time and rinse with fresh water and dry it. I'm thinking maybe I'll get a thin strip of magnetic backing and put some on the top of the mag-float and some on the easy blade and then I can easily remove the blade between uses. Just hope its thin enough that the blade still reaches the glass. Curious to hear your experiences Recliner!

You have to superglue it on. I think if you try to use magnetic backing, the blade will get knocked off. It won't be strong enough to scrape.

Back