Smitty's Reef

A full tank shot...
SU1HMDA4MDQtMjAxMTA0MjktMTY0Ny5qcGc.jpg

Thanks Brian...it is bright as heck considering the light is mounted on the ceiling, 3ft from the tank. Imagine if it was closer to the water. :)

Thanks Bj...I went to Goldens Tropical Fish, at 86th and Ashland. He specialize in exotic freshwater fish, but have a few saltwater set ups in the back of the store. I stop in there once a week just to look. He don't take good care of them, so I don't really buy often from him. But I felt a lil safe buying the coral rock.

Update with the lights? how low u got them now? pix? Really debating on getting this fixture,
My corals love these lights...everyone is always fully extended and brightly colored. I still have them on the ceiling, 3ft from the tank to evenly spread the light throughout the tank. The ideal tank dimensions for the light would be 2ft x 2ft. The depth is a personal preference.

Do they make a "standard" tank that size? Glass cages wants 409 plus shipping for starphire glass 40g custom build with overflow and bulkheads....kinda was hopin I could go cheaper.

I'm still looking too Dana, if I run across a good deal, I'll surely let you know. I want either a 45gal or a 60gal..both being 2ft x 2ft.

Just an update...my corals are loving this light still, and a lot of my lps's and zoas are growing heads left and right. I'm getting more growth with this fixture than I've ever got while using the mh fixture.
2011-06-24115259.jpg

Back