Smitty's Reef

Your tank is stunning! Just showing that leaving the tank alone is the best thing for it! Place a coral and let it grow and youll have a tank like yours :) very good job.

Ok...I just finished aquascaping the tank. Let me know how it looks.
utf-8BMjlnYWwuanBn.jpg

Newbie, nice looking wall, but how do you clean the class behind it? Dose it matter that the rock is touching the class? Dead spots?:dunno:

rlsdsurfer; truly the point in cleaning the glass is to see into it. the rocks being on the back wall doesn't matter as you wont see it. what does build up on it will be kept in check with a cleanup crew. In my tank, I only clean the front pane with a scraper, the rest is left to my critters to have at.

+1 Buddy. I don't worry about what I can't see...plus, I have two powerheads behind the rocks. One at the top, and one at the bottom for the dead spots.

Wow, Buddy did I upset you some how? Simple question? NEWBIE! EXCUSE ME!

I don't think he meant it that way, it's hard to show emotions thru just words. This is a good group of people here, and we welcome newbie questions. That's why we're all here...to help each other. :) :bounce:

I'm not upset and I apologize if it seemed so. Just answering your question with a statement. Thats all, no hard feelings :)

side note: tank looks great Smitty, are you still using MH?

Last edited:
Thanks Buddy...I'm still using the led fixture.

I'm loving the led action on my tank. I'm so vary glad there were quite a few folks upgrading to led when I joined so many years ago. Seeing what they've been able to keep really made it my must have upgrade. Hell bro your input along with Dana, Wade and Dennis's really won me over on led.

I'm hooked and never looking back. If I do upgrade again it'd be to a Eco Tech Radion Color set up.

I'm loving the led action on my tank. I'm so vary glad there were quite a few folks upgrading to led when I joined so many years ago. Seeing what they've been able to keep really made it my must have upgrade. Hell bro your input along with Dana, Wade and Dennis's really won me over on led.

I'm hooked and never looking back. If I do upgrade again it'd be to a Eco Tech Radion Color set up.

Thanks bro...and yeah, if I ever upgrade, I'm thinking of going with the ecotechs also.

Back