Smitty's Reef

Nice pickup! That's a great addition! He looks like a little fatty too haha. Is he trained on frozen? Or Pods only? Either way, suuuupppeeer jealous. Just another addition to your already amazing tank lol :p

Thanks Anthony... I'm not sure if he's trained or not on frozen foods, but he'll learn to eat them in my tank. If not, I have a million+ pods in my system.

Thanks bro...my salinity got up to 1.030 which killed every invert, including pods, which then caused a spike in nitrates and phosphates...which then lead to cyno and hair algae. I've done many water changes now and lowered the salinity back down to 1.025, and purchased a few crabs. I've also started running gfo and carbon in my dual reactor again. I've lost 4 sps corals, but everything else is doing much better.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that man. Glad most of your corals are okay. Any idea how it happened? Must of been a pretty fast swing to 1.030 though. When I first started my 55 up my SG was at 1.029 for like a month and my inverts were all right (At least at the time I thought they were. Then again, I knew next to nothing back then)

Thanks bro...my salinity got up to 1.030 which killed every invert, including pods, which then caused a spike in nitrates and phosphates...which then lead to cyno and hair algae. I've done many water changes now and lowered the salinity back down to 1.025, and purchased a few crabs. I've also started running gfo and carbon in my dual reactor again. I've lost 4 sps corals, but everything else is doing much better.

Sorry to hear that. Hope the sps coral weren't the expensive/exotic kind.

Thanks fellas...I believe it happened when I started using a new bucket of salt mix. And they weren't expensive, but they were nice sized colonies. But, they can be replaced or grown out again.

Back