Sniffles 29G

What kind of flow is that torch gettin? You might try moving it around some and see it you can find a place it likes.
That nepthia looks good to.Its wanting to extend its polyps.

Thanks! I liked it too. I came across some free LR so I had to rearrange some things, so there is no longer any arch.

Yote - I have the torch in the bottom 1/3 of my tank in medium strong flow coming from behind it, seems to help the tentacles extend. I've been moving it around for awhile and keeping an eye on it. I may start taking it higher for more light if this new spot doesn't work out. My g/f saw the new leather and said "why'd you buy a hard coral?" it's shocking how closely it resembles a SPS. I can't wait for it to open up!!

Here's a pic of the 8 channel on/off power bar that I mounted to my new tank stand tonight. It's going to make feeding, cleaning or other maintenance MUCH easier, in terms of turning stuff off. Everything went VERY smoothly. I actually went out and purchased an 18V cordless drill for this little project. Got the 133 piece set from Black&Decker for $81 from target, used a gift card from X-Mas on it. Good deal though.

And yes, that's an area rug on carpet :grumble: I know. Gotta hide the surround sound speaker wires somehow though, not too many options in an apartment.

DSCN6822.jpg

$30 for the 8 channel, which has the input on the BACK, and $20 for the 4 channel, which has the inputs on the TOP. I picked mine up from Sam Ash. But you can find them online for the same price, I just hate waiting on the whole processing/shipping. I believe it'll be well worth the $$$. It'll help me cleanup my wires! I hate messy wires.

I just bought one of those to at Guitar Center. It really makes you wonder why i didnt get one sooner. Makes life a lot easier.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Whoops!

I was plugging everything into the power bar after transferring the tank from stand to stand. I found out that you don't place a HOT heater into COLD water, cuz :pooh: explodes!

Hey Evan what does that power bar do exactly? I don't really get what it is. Can you describe it, or post more pics (for the electrically retarded people like me).

It's the same thing Dennis has under his stand to run his equipment. It's a power bar, not a surge protector though, where you can control individual sockets, 8 switches on the front correspond with 8 power inputs on the back. So when feeding time comes I'll just flip 2 switches off, sump and skimmer, instead of physically unplugging the 2 from my surge protector. I'll post more pics when I get home if I have time. I start back at college again today so I won't be home unilateral about 10.

Damn! I hate leaks! I was walking out the door for work when I noticed a WET substance coming from the same corner of my stand as before. I dove to the floor with a rag and mopped up the water, removed water from the compartment until it was below the inlet and continued my journey to work. Got home and did the whole "take everything out of the sump" routine. So now I'm letting the shop worker at my job resilicon/f**cking fix this leak that just WON'T...GO.. AWAY!

Now my water quality suffers! Hooray!!

Also, the small piece of rubble that my devils finger leather coral is on has an infestation of bubble algae. It had started with a couple bubbles, which I tried removing outside of my tank in some tupperware, and is now about 15! bubbles. I'm going to try using my "injector" to suck off the bubbles without accidentally popping more and having MORE appear!

Sorry, needed to vent. It's been a long couple of weeks. And this morning kinda blew the top off, especially when I noticed there were no Mini Wheats in the cupboard!

So I've been holding out on the LR community. I know, I know... shame on me. I picked up 4 new frags on my b-day, Feb. 12th.

A Sylo SPS, Trumpet coral, Superman Chalice and some kind of favia I'm guessing, the owner gave it to me for free since it was my b-day so I couldn't say no.

DSCN6962.jpg

DSCN6963.jpg

DSCN6964.jpg

DSCN6965.jpg

I think the 2nd one is an Acan Enchanita. Either way it's phookin' COOL AS SHYIT!! Nice color!! Looks sorta purple - that light blue fluorescent splotch is going to show up on all the polyps as it grows new heads - and it's going to be random too. It won't grow the same way with that same light blue splotch on all the heads. Thats gonna be wicked in 6 months man!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:
Back