Some Kinda Slug o.0?

Ulta

REEFER
So I seen this guy the other day... Some kinda slug looking creature... The think that I was wondering about is the first time I seen him he was down in this crack and he would take a deep breath and shoot this Juice out of a snorkel looking thing on his right cheek. He proceeded to do this about 10 times each time shooting something out into the water from the snorkel coming out of his right cheek..... Any Ideas what it is and is it bad? :12:

These are the second time I seen him out: (I think there are at least two others, this one is the biggest)

100_1264.jpg

100_1265.jpg

Thats a stomellia snail.IMO,the best algae grazers there are,and they'll breed like rabbits in the tank.

Awesome! I looked em up:

All Stomatella snails of the same species will spawn at the same time. They usually spawn during the day when they crawl to a high point in the aquarium. They then release egg and milt directly into the water were fertilization takes place. You can sometime see how the water suddenly becomes cloudy in a tank containing Stomatella snails as a result of their spawning. This is nothing to worry about and will clear up relatively quickly.

Thats the stuff it was squirting out, it was spawning! @_@

Back