Some opinions on Tank

lilmatty5dimes

Reef enthusiast
You have quite a variety of sizes there, I'd research and see what livestock you are looking to keep and that should make it easier to decide what size tank you want.

IMO the 90 for 700 seems like the best bet. It's more set up and established. Remember the tank is the cheapest part. lol

Option 2 is the best bet b/c of all the live rock. The average price of live rock is about 50lbs for $350.00 & he/she has 120lbs. So in other words....You could look @ the Tank,Equipment & Live stock as a bonus on live rock that you have to buy anyway. Not to mention that you could always sell the tank & stand for about $375-$400 & use that money to buy a bigger tank while you keep ALL the extras :D You can be very business savvy when you go through craigslist:bounce:

Thanks for every1 opinion. I'm going to look at the first one tomorrow since he's only 15 mins away and see how it all looks. Chuck you got me thinking about buying the 90 gallon and selling all the fish and equipment i don't need to buy a bigger one with that money. Thanks again lil matty

Should be going on Thursday to look at the 90 gallon with all the stuff. What should I look for when buying a used tank? lil fish if I buy the tank first thing would be to relocate the hippo to a bigger tank. Don't need the tang police on me. lol

If you have a fish store close by, see if you can rent a temp home for the hippo til you get the bigger tank. Make the lfs owner an offer. If he agrees, he'll prolly say something like "The store isn't liable for fish death", but that's the chance you take.

Ok. Went and looked at the 90 gallon today and WoW!!!!!!!! It was extreme nice and the goodies that came with it was unbelievable. Tank and stand, sump and skimmer, 150 lbs of live rock with mushroom, nice live stock except the tang (didnt look good) RO/DI 5 stage filter, 20 gallon QT tank, $700 Here are some pics.
bc208e71.jpg

dfd934ec.jpg

5a9ee0d1.jpg

e8f36f43.jpg

dcca6ed7.jpg

44e6cf5d.jpg

37148f3c.jpg

Here's the tang
be590009.jpg

Oh yeah! That's nice, I'd still get a bigger tank. Imo this hobby gets even better when you expand your options & that's what a bigger tank does!

I'm really debating what you said tho. If I buy it then sell the tank and stand before setting it back up. a fish store has a 125 gallon for $350 I'll buy that and have a 125 drilled tank.

Back