sore on mandarin

DavidA717

Soon to be Reef Expert
my mandarin has, what looks like, a solid white scab on its back. I can't figure out what caused it, params are looking fine. he has plenty of pods to eat, and he is actually eating frozen brine and mysis. hes eating fine so i dont know if its something to be terribly worried about. but could this have been caused by a sting from my BTA? or does it sound like a fungus or something. im going to try and get a pic up here soon if i can get a good look at him. please help and let me know what to do so it doesnt affect my other fish/corals

here is a pic....
CIMG0228.jpg

what do you guys think?

Looks more like where somethings tryed to bite him,or maybe got against a rough plce on the rock to me.
I'd just keep an eye on him for a while before I did anything.

alright, theres nothing really in my tank that is aggressive. i only have 2 occelaris clowns, a cleaner shrimp and a BTA

He could have just gotten to close to your clowns favorite hangout.Clowns can have a pretty good bite when it comes to small,soft skinned fish like mandrines.

I have heard about this happening before i'm not sure what it is but most that i have heard found it just went away. Very nice fish though i am thinking of getting one in a few months they are my favorite.

Back