Spammers

Chris

Reefing newb
Wow, we have had a few spammers hitting us lately. I have installed some anti-spam software. It should catch 99% of the spam that has been being posted lately. If for some reason it throws a legitimate post into the spam bin, don't worry! All posts marked as spam are thrown into the moderator Que and we will approve it and it will show up. Sorry for these drastic measures but spammers are annoying.

i just noticed that yesterday! I posted picks of something I was selling and couldnt get them posted. I hope that problem changes.

I noticed that too and did validate the posts and threads. I will check each evening and if I see posts or threads needing validating I will do so right away. bout all I can do to help. Ill also give the other moderators a heads up and lets see if we cant make it abit better. sorry for the inconvieniance.

Latest Update

I have decided to set the forum up to only inspect posts made from users who are less than 2 days old and have a post count less than 5. This should catch most of the fly by night spammers. In doing so all users who have over 5 posts have been promoted to a new usergroup that does not inspect your posts for spam. If you notice any permision problems with this new usergroup please PM me so I can fix it asap.

Thanks!

Back