SPS frags

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
Decided to frag 2 of my sps, first time ive done that, ive measured them and want to see how long it takes for them to grow :D they actually glued down really well tooo.

imag0204g.jpg

2.5cm in length - this one looks a bit boring right now, but in fact, has a very very green color to it. IT comes from this coral here

031bd.jpg

imag0206c.jpg

3cm in length

Metric Ftw :D but you would know, about 1 inch long. Not bad for frags, im happy i got some bone cutters now so i can do it right.

029oo.jpg

thats where the other one came from, unfortunately, i got it in the mail and it had been stung before because a snail had knocked it over and it was touching another sps.

So since then ive fragged into a few healthy small pieces and am working from that.

Very cool Josh...just curious what is the exact name of that ...my LFS has frags just like those and may get some...if i knew for sure my angel wouldn't munch em down

I actually have no idea what they are, the guy i bought them off never gave me names, which is unfortunate, but is definitely very nice looking :) Maybe, capt or yote can chime in here if they see this and ID these 2.

Thats what worries me about this new LFS i go to...not sure any of them have a clue what they sell either...makes it hard for me to research and see if it will survive in my tank... (because of lighting and angel)

Yea, thats hard, I bought this from an online vendor and the day he gets them he posts pics, so he doesnt give names. Just start taking pictures of items you like and posting them here. This is an sps so this does have very high light requirements, i dropped a few lower in my tank (frags) to see how they gom one has bleached completely and another is starting to bleach, so im thinking they need quite a bit of light to do well.

yea, thats what i call them haha, but thats as far as i can ID under a guess.

thanks andy, in a couple of months, ill be updating both frags with growth pics, see how they have changed in length :)

Back