Starfish ID?

tankedchemist

Reef enthusiast
Just found two of these little guys wandering around on my rocks. take em out or leave em in?

*(Sorry for the crappy photo quality, but they're very small, and my phone camera isn't so good at the zoomin')

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTQtMjAwOTEyMDYtMjI0N.jpg

I'm no expert but I found one of those lil guys in my tank. I also seen a bunch at a LFS I go to. I asked them about it and they said they're fine and also help add biodiversity to your system. They also said they don't get lerge but stay very small. But maybe someone with a lil more knowledge will be able to help you out more.

As far as what to do until then I'd just put a glass or some other way to QT them until you know for sure

The worst thing about those lil guys,is they can over populate.But I never had any problems with mine since I first noticed them over a year ago.Most of em just feed on film algae.

Those are asterina stars. Almost everyone has them in their tanks. Some people say they eat corals. I've only ever noticed them on my glass. It's up to you whether or not you want to keep them.

Back