Start of a 10 Gallon Tank

Dubby Tee

Reefing newb
So here are the first two pics from my 10 gallon tank.

1st is with just saltwater and equipment (heater, power head, and filter).

2nd is with live rock and sand. I know I could use more of both, but I am on a limited budget. More live rock will be coming in about 10 days from Tampa Bay Saltwater.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,206
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 879
You might want to rethink your substrate. The large stuff can trap poop, uneaten food, and other junk, letting it rot and causing nitrate problems. Unless that is the sand that TBS sent you, then you should be fine.

Just an update on the tank. Got some more live rock in today, live some critters, including a peppermint shrimp. Also purchased a protein skimmer online today, so that should be here next week. Next on the list is new lighting which will most likely happent tomorrow.

I know I have to feed the shrimp, but not sure what. Any thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 674
Actually the shrimp will be fine, he will find plenty of stuff to munch on in there. And when you have fish they are pretty good about going after the leftovers.

Just an update on the tank. Got some more live rock in today, live some critters, including a peppermint shrimp. Also purchased a protein skimmer online today, so that should be here next week. Next on the list is new lighting which will most likely happent tomorrow.

I know I have to feed the shrimp, but not sure what. Any thoughts.

Starting to look pretty good. I like the 10 gallon concept because you can fill it out with corals so quick and make it look great. I'm tempted to set one up myself, but my wife complains I already have enough with my 90 gallon set up. I think I am just going to rebel and do it anyway one of these days. :mrgreen:

Little fish is right, the peppermint will be fine without supplement feeding, though it couldn't hurt to throw him a bone every now and then just to be sure he's getting a decent meal. I lost one of my peppermint shrimp and I assume it's because it didn't have enough food competing with all my other CUC. I think it couldn't hurt to send a mysis shrimp his way if you are feeding your tank. He'll appreciate it.

Back