Start up day is finally here

JohnVH

Reefer Madness
Well after months of saving, research and anticipation I finally got the tank moved upstairs after leak testing and configuring the plumbing. I currently have a 70 gallon tall with a 30 gallon sump. I have about 100lbs of dry rock from reefrock.net that i want to seed. I am going to hopefully buy about 15-20lbs of premium Fiji and Eco rock
this is as advertised on a local fish forum:

"They are a mixture of Premium Fiji and Premium Eco Live rock. Absolutely covered in pink coraline algae. Aptasia and Majano free. No hitchhikers".

Some has corals growing on them. You get the GSP that are on them and whatever mushrooms are left.

My question is my tank is new so is there a chance that the corals will die? I am assuming that they might. Would I still have to add a shrimp to the tank to start the cycle or will the die off from the new live rock kick start the cycle for me?

I will be posting some pix soon. I want to thank everybody for all your help with answering all my questions and I am sure there will be more!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!

There is a chance they could survive, if you have sufficient lighting for them. And depending on the quality of the rock, you may not have any die-off, so putting some food or a shrimp in there won't be a bad idea.

Back