Starter Fish

Thanks, and yes I am quite excited as well. I've been going crazy trying to figure out how I want to arrange the 60 pounds of rock I have now. I'm thinking about taking one of my larger rocks out and splitting it in two for a more stackable (if thats a word) arrangement.

For my fish I plan to go with:
1. Clown Goby
2. Bicolor Dottyback
3. Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish
4. A Wrasse (Haven't decided which yet)
5. Scissortail Dartfish or Goby

Thats in no paticular order, and is just a rough draft. I haven't made sure they are all compatible yet, and a royal gamma may take someone else's place. I know the rule is 1 fish per 10 gallons, but I thought I might be able to slide 5 in my 46 gallon. The majority of the fish I have picked out seem to be fairly small. Any advice of my fish selection so far?

Thanks, and yes I am quite excited as well. I've been going crazy trying to figure out how I want to arrange the 60 pounds of rock I have now. I'm thinking about taking one of my larger rocks out and splitting it in two for a more stackable (if thats a word) arrangement.

For my fish I plan to go with:
1. Clown Goby
2. Bicolor Dottyback
3. Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish
4. A Wrasse (Haven't decided which yet)
5. Scissortail Dartfish or Goby

Thats in no paticular order, and is just a rough draft. I haven't made sure they are all compatible yet, and a royal gamma may take someone else's place. I know the rule is 1 fish per 10 gallons, but I thought I might be able to slide 5 in my 46 gallon. The majority of the fish I have picked out seem to be fairly small. Any advice of my fish selection so far?

OMG I hate thinking of rock work because I get so many ideas and can never find the rocks to make whats in my head come true...:frustrat: What I will be doing soon will be a set of bridges & shelf pillars with both acrylic and RR shelf's :Cheers:

Fish wise I'd Def do up a screen top and fit It with any kind of hang on because of the scissortail mine jumped out through the hole around my heater so don't under estimate the size of the hole around your filters power heads or any thing that's hang on. the same go's for the dotty. mine jumped out once during a water change.

well good luck on your tank seems like your doing things with your head and not your eyes. quite a few people buy whats pretty vs what gets along :(
so i say to you good luck on your tank we are all here with our :twocents: as needed :Cheers:

I think all of those fish would get together just fine and as long as you take around a year or at the very least 6 months to get all of those fish in there, you should be fine.

+1 on the lid though

I think all of those fish would get together just fine and as long as you take around a year or at the very least 6 months to get all of those fish in there, you should be fine.

+1 on the lid though

I will be making the screen top this weekend. And I will certainly be taking my time between each fish. I read a post about a guy putting in 5 all at once and I think almost every single one ended up dying.

The screen top is a must and it sounds like you have that "covered"......
As far as fish go, here is what I would do with the same list, but you gotta be happy with it not me.
Clown Goby
Black and White clown
almost any Fairy Wrasse or a Leopard Wrasse would be nice, but sometimes a difficult fish to keep alive.
Splendid Dottyback
Royal Gramma

Would probably add the Splendid and the Gramma at the same time and make them the last two fish. Sometimes they can be territorial.
Just what I would do with this tank.
Have fun!!

Back