steelcity's 55

Well the new guy is keeping the sand white. As well as the water right now. Hopefully that'll die down once he makes a full lap around the tank and his work becoems minimal. This guy can eat. Pellets, flakes, mysis, Rods. I could probably feed him nonstop and he would just suck it all down.

Damn gobies! That's it I'm done. Heard the lights kick on so I went to drop some flakes in. Look on the floor to to the side and there he is. Mr. Diamond. How the hell can they perfectly launch themselves with enough force from the water and line up the squares in the eggcrate to get themselves through.

Check on everything last night with the light and saw everyone sleeping. There went another $30. One thing I did notice when I put him in there was my acans have not been happy. I don't know if they got some sand in their mouths from the goby but they have been deflated. Their arms still come out at night. So I took them off of the sand. I may put them back down in the sand since the goby is gone.

switched out the sicce pump on my octo 800s yesterday. Ended up going with the Tunze 9420. Went to John at my LFS (guy who makes the i-techs) and we rigged it up. The tunze fit right in however the part that fits into the Octopus venturi was a bit loose. It needed to be held in place with a piece of starboard to keep it held tight. Well ran it over night and it was loud due to the starboard rattling. Pulled that out today and cut some foam pieces to keep everything snug and it worked great. Also put in some pieces of styrofoam attached to the inside of the doors and the side of the stand. Very very quiet now. All I need now is a new light fixture to replace the loud ass fan on my old nova.

Been having a problem with the brain. When I put the last goby in I'm thinking he got sand inside the brain. It has been defated for about 3 weeks now. It's not receeding or bleaching. It opens up at night and eats just fine. It's just not swelling up during the day. If there is sand in it, will the brain take care of it or do I have to dip it in something?

sg 1.026
cal 410
mg 1290
alk 10
0 for ammonia, nitrates, nitrite
pH 8.2

I dont thin that sand would gotten inside of it.
Have you tryed giving it some frozen mysis when you see the feeders out? It may just be hungry.

New addition today. Metallic lobo good 6" at LFS for the Valentine's sale.

These pics are after it was dripped and placed in the tank. It has some very sharp colors on it but my droid phone can't capture them.

lobo1.jpg

lobo2.jpg

random of my sunburst
sunburst.jpg

Back