Stock list for my 155g

Ashna

Reefing newb
so today i got y hands on 85lbs of baserock! for free so i obvi couldnt say no to the deal. i wanna take water from my 47 and a few peices of rock (maybe 5-10lbs) to put in the 155 to seed the rock and gain bacteria. if i put in 5lbs of live rock to start and 6 gallons of cycled water from my 47 and let it cycle for a few weeks do you think it would be alright to slowly add the clean up crew? Im not in a hurry to get fish for it right now but staring at a tank being used to divide my living room from my dining room with nothing but rock in there is gonna kill me!! how long should i wait?

and i know that 90lbs isnt enough rock for the tank i will get more but i figure it will be fine with that with out fishies or coral

test test test. Make sure your tank gos thru its cycles. I cycled my 125 for over six months. Good luck cant wait to see ur tank wen its up and runing

test test test. Make sure your tank gos thru its cycles. I cycled my 125 for over six months. Good luck cant wait to see ur tank wen its up and runing

Why did you cycle it for over six months? Did you slip into a coma while you were cycling the tank?:D

Last edited:
well i knew wat i wanted to keep.we realy like the yallow tang. And from the reading i did. Is that they like to swim around and graze,. So i knw wanted to build the tank for them. So i wanted alot of live rock. And were im from. nice, live rock is any where from 8-9$ a lbs and i wanted good 125-135lbs of live rock. And call me crazy but i only look for realy nice rock. Not just any live rock.lol so as i did that i would i would buy some coperpods throw them in . And i only have two store's here that i could go to so nice looking rocks took a bit to find .lol ...so i guess i just wanted my tank to have its own food befor i started to put my little friends in. If that makes sence. And another pluse i like to do things slow.. That rock wasnt cheap.lol .

Yeah I understand how long it takes to get everything together. I still dont have all the rock I want after several years.

Back