Stocking a 180 gallon

Not here, I don't believe. The majority here have coral beauties or flames, and there's one or two Potter's as well. I'm the oddball that has the African Flameback, which I love. And I know that at one point someone here had a lemonpeel angel that ended up decimating their coral. But that's it for the dwarf angels, I think.

every body is well feed and happy. the bicolor and flame hide in a caves all day
the eibli and the keyhole hang out together. the Coral Beauty is the problem
nobody to hang with

Chevron and purple tangs are my favorite! Either of those would go well in your tank. As for your potential list with the one anthias, they are schooling fish and typically don't do well kept solo. If you want anthias (and I think they are a good choice for a tank your size, and with the other fish you have), then aim on keeping at least 3.

Chevron tang would be a great addition. I have one in my 300g. Gets along great with all my other fish(I have 10 tangs) and its probably the best algae muncher in my tank. Cleans the glass(acrylic in my case) constantly and has a huge mouth. Lol. Only thing with the Chevron is that it is a bit pricey(but seeing as one of your options was an Achilles its not out of the price range), and the bigger it gets the darker the coloration. Mine sometimes looks black.

The absolute most aggressive fish in my tank is my blue eyed bristletooth tang. When I added my pale lipped and my fowleri it constantly chased/attacked them for almost a week. Now its been about 4 months and they all swim around together. I have at least 4 tangs of the Acantharus genus with no problems(knock on wood cause I would hate to have to get rid of any of my tangs). Keep in mind that I feed these guys a ton of food along with the algae they munch from the rocks/glass. I think a major part of keeping multiple tangs is you gotta be heavy on the feeding. Keep them well fed and they'll be happy. My 12" Yellowfin and 12" Vlamingii tangs are about 1.5"-2" thick. My 6" Maculiceps tang is about 1" thick. Feed feed feed. Also if you feed a lot you gotta skim skim skim. Lol

Back