stocking a 55g :)

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
Woot!! :D

Sooooo I am in the process of hopefully FINALLY getting my 55gallon! :D :D :D

this is what i'm thinking.... get the 55 and use my 20g as a sump... get a protien skimmer and all that jazz and yea :)

I figured I should get the bigger tank before I move to LA because I can't take the tank with me. It will be easier for mom to take care of the critters if theres more water volume so shes not doing water changes like, weekly....

This is my current stock list:
two 1" damsels
One 2" clown and 1" clown
Kona 18"
Kaluha 5"

So thats all the live stock that will be moving into it.... I was wondering if I could maybe get a small tang? :3 I've always wanted one and figured when it outgrows it that I'd take it back to the LFS and get some store credit... I'd also like to add one halloween urchin.

what should I use as far as powerheads, heater, new light fixture, skimmer brand, rocks/sand amount, etc.

and what is the limit of fish I can have in it?

Its about time you set up a bigger tank.:D
I dont think I would add any more fish until after your LA trip.Especially a tang.
The urchin will be fine though.

For powerheads,I'd probably look at a couple of Koralia 3s.Might even go with a couple of 2s placed on the back glass.
For heaters,Id get a couple of 25 watters.

For a skimmer,I'd look at either a ETSS or Octopus. And T-5s all the way on the lights.

LOL i know right?!

so no tang then... I guess I can wait on that until i get back in 9 months! heck, i'll have my rents make it my christmas present that I get a raincheck for!!! LOL.

okay, so I'll get a few more powerheads then when I get my paycheck :) and after I Get the bigger tank of course! :D

Back