stocking recommendations wanted

mikesamc

Reefing newb
for a 22g tank. Dimensions are 36x12x12. Also have a sump/refuge same size under the main tank. Main has 1 10,000k and 1 actinic, 1-2'' aragonite bed, 2 1'' overflows, 3 powerheads, mini penguin, (lack of live rock to stock) right now the sump has 24'' 50/50 and a 10,000k, prizm skimmer, 3 baffle bubble trap, 24'' refuge in center with 3-4'' fine sand, Jebo pump 270gph, 2 heaters,@ 74*.
I'm still waiting on the cycle to finish, so i've been very undecided on what stock to add. Any thoughts here? I know i'd like to have polyups and mushrooms, but as for fish i need some help deciding.

thanks

you would be fine wiht zoanthids, shrooms and as far as fish I would stick with the smaller species. spotted hawk fish, 6 line wrasse, gobies, blennys, a clown. stay away from your tangs and angels.

graphixx said:
you would be fine wiht zoanthids, shrooms and as far as fish I would stick with the smaller species. spotted hawk fish, 6 line wrasse, gobies, blennys, a clown. stay away from your tangs and angels.
I will have to agree with the above.With the exception of an angel you could go with a pygmy angel(like a cherub angel) they are about 2 inchs fully grown.

I agree with keeping it simple. and yes I agree that a dwarf angel could be kept in that tank but I would not recommend it. But that is just my opinion. If your just starting out in this hobby I would almost bet you money that you will be upgrading your tank size in the next 6 to 8 months. I say this only because I dont think there is one friend I havein this hobby who has not wanted a bigger tank. This hobby is more addicting than Crack and your tank quickly becomes "not big enough". I am in the process of upgrading to a 240 gallon and wish allready I would of went to a 300.

I know the feeling of wanting to upgrade no room left in my tank,but I am in a apartment with no space for a bigger tank(high cost california living).

Your temperature is a bit low. bring it up to at least 76 degrees as the low end. as for fish you can do gum drop gobies, 6 line wrasse, maybe a gramma, etc. make your list and then research their needs and make sure you can provide for their needs. good luck happy fishin. keep us posted. also see helpful articles post 42 which i believe is page 5 of the article labled tips. also while you are there browse a bit, you find some other items of interest. hope this helps.

yeah i just found my problem source too.. my g/f moved the heater dial last night up 2 notches... Why I dont know, but BAD g/f BAD... shes getting a major talking to tonight...

Back